Finance & Operations Director
As the Finance and Operations Director, you will be in charge of finance and finance operations at Enigma. You will closely work with all members of the executive team. Initially, you will be primarily responsible for FP&A and work with several outside resources to run accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other financial operations functions. As Enigma grows, you will have the opportunity to bring these roles in-house.
The key responsibility of this role is ownership of Enigma’s core operating model, which is used to guide our annual plan, performance management and strategic decision making. You will be the primary finance partner helping the Product and Engineering teams make sound business decisions by providing financial input on business planning. In general, you also need to have meaningful business experience and strong business instincts, particularly around enterprise SaaS business models and preferably around data. You’ll also be expected to drive pricing and pricing analysis using a value-based approach.
We are a growing company with a big vision and many potential opportunities. You will play a critical role in helping guide leadership’s decisions by deeply understanding and modeling the quantitative and qualitative aspects of various company initiatives.
More specifically, you will:
- Work with management to build budgets and forecasts in a detailed 3-statement financial model
- Own Enigma’s company-wide KPIs and perform variance analysis for reporting to management and investors
- Manage strategic finance projects such as pricing of new products
- Support corporate development and future capital raise efforts
- Handle day-to-day business operations including negotiating the financial terms of leases, insurance renewals, bank lines etc.
- Oversee financial and accounting operations of the company (month-close, payroll, billing, A/P, A/R, treasury, tax, cap table), generally by managing several outside resources that will be doing most of the day-to-day work (bookkeepers, accountants, tax advisors, etc)
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a concentration in accounting or finance
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferable
- 5+ years of work experience, ideally in a role where you had to build many, many, many financial models - mid-level PE or investment banking experience is ideal here
- Expert proficiency in Excel modeling with hands-on experience building detailed, bottoms-up operating models and forecasts
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial concepts
- Stellar business sense and business modeling experience, particularly software / SaaS business models (data businesses a plus but not required)
- Finesse in communications and a positive attitude, especially in being able to coordinate and deal with various stakeholders that may have competing priorities, expectations, and levels of experience