Software Engineer, Professional Services
Enigma builds world-class data infrastructure, developer-friendly APIs, and intelligent tools to automate trusted decisions about every business. We’re focused on making B2B risk frictionless so that our customers can focus on growing their businesses and radically improving their products and experiences. Founded in 2011, Enigma has raised $130M of capital from major venture capital firms such as NEA, Comcast Ventures, and Third Point, as well as global financial companies such as BB&T, Two Sigma, and Capital One.
The Software Engineer, Professional Services will be responsible for working to engineer the successful delivery of our services roadmap for our largest clients.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record of designing, implementing, and testing highly-available services and systems, deployed either in a cloud environment or on-premise
- Is familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Terraform, Ansible, or similar tools
- Creates and manages schemas and instances for SQL and non-SQL databases.
- Writes data pipelines that access multiple systems to retrieve, validate, process, and store data
- Is comfortable developing for/in a Linux environment (regardless of distribution)
- Open to learning new technologies and uses the right tool for the job
- Gets excited by working on hard problems with smart people
- Enjoys learning and sharing with team members and is always iterating and improving
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and takes pride in being a problem solver
- Any level of experience is welcome, but we look for engineers who are self-directed, seek out new responsibility, and strive for excellence
- Experience in Python is a plus
Enigma builds world-class data infrastructure, developer-friendly APIs, and intelligent tools so that our customers can easily access and seamlessly integrate the data they need to better understand, engage, and serve their small business customers. Powered by next wave data science and proprietary machine learning, Enigma transforms thousands of online and offline sources into the freshest, most reliable data on the identity, activity, and risk profile of every small business. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!