Software Engineer, Applied Technologies
Enigma builds world-class data infrastructure, developer-friendly APIs, and intelligent tools to automate trusted decisions about every business. We’re focused on making B2B risk frictionless so that our customers can focus on growing their businesses and radically improving their products and experiences. Founded in 2011, Enigma has raised $130M of capital from major venture capital firms such as NEA, Comcast Ventures, and Third Point, as well as global financial companies such as BB&T, Two Sigma, and Capital One.
As a Software Engineer in the Applied Technologies Group, your job is to apply Enigma’s R&D methodology to solve high-impact, real-world problems.
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge - You will be building and scaling high-throughput, high-availability ML-driven systems on cloud infrastructure. These systems drive critical decision making at multi-billion dollar companies.
- Ownership - The Applied Technologies team is rebuilding from the ground up. An ideal candidate is an engineer looking to grow their responsibilities and work with the team to have a significant technical and business impact.
- Security - The Applied Technologies business unit is a highly profitable entity that funds Enigma’s R&D. We provide large, stable clients with specialized capabilities essential for their business operations.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Builds scalable, highly-available, high-throughput systems, deployed either in a cloud environment or on-premise
- Solves problems with containers, cloud infrastructure and infrastructure as code (we use Docker, AWS and Terraform)
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested code (we use Python)
- Gets excited when working as part of a motivated, collaborative team
- Identifies problems that others aren’t seeing and makes sure they get solved
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Enigma builds world-class data infrastructure, developer-friendly APIs, and intelligent tools so that our customers can easily access and seamlessly integrate the data they need to better understand, engage, and serve their small business customers. Powered by next wave data science and proprietary machine learning, Enigma transforms thousands of online and offline sources into the freshest, most reliable data on the identity, activity, and risk profile of every small business. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!