Director of Content Marketing
At Enigma, we believe that the future of the small business economy runs on data. Enigma provides the most comprehensive data about the identity and financial health of nearly every small business in the country. Our customers use our unique product to make smarter credit-related decisions and to better serve their small business customers. We’re rapidly growing and looking for talented individuals to help us change the landscape of small business financing.
We are looking to hire a Director of Content Marketing who can develop and execute a creative and impactful content strategy. You will play a critical role in building awareness of Enigma and generating demand for our products.
As Director of Content Marketing at Enigma, you will be at the helm managing the strategy and execution of our content roadmap and editorial calendar. You will be responsible for generating compelling content ideas that resonate with our audiences and managing the creation of that content, both through writing content yourself and managing other content creators. To accomplish these things, you will work closely with our team of marketers, data analysts, product managers, and sales execs.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Understand how Enigma’s rich data about small businesses can fuel unique narratives that are relevant to our customers and the general public
- Create and maintain a high-output content roadmap to support demand generation campaigns throughout the full funnel
- Recruit and manage a talented suite of in-house and freelance writers and content producers
- Write and edit copy for blog posts, web pages, social media, and other initiatives, ensuring that all content meets Enigma’s brand and quality standards
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our internal SMEs to develop SEO-friendly content that elevates our brand and accelerates our marketing and sales funnel
- Own how we measure content success and leverage metrics to improve our content strategy
- Have a creative, resourceful approach to content repurposing
What makes this job interesting?
- Ownership: You will lead Enigma’s content marketing strategy, be editor-in-chief of Enigma’s blog, and be the champion of our brand voice
- Impact: Content fuels our marketing campaigns and is central to Enigma’s go-to-market success. You will be a key driver of leads and brand awareness
- Data: Enigma has some of the most robust data in the world about the small business economy - and we’re just beginning to unlock its potential for storytelling
Our ideal candidate will:
- Bring 7-10+ years of experience as a B2B content marketer or content strategist managing in-house and external content producers
- Have demonstrated experience and/or passion for data story-telling and creating compelling stories from data-driven insights
- Have a deep understanding of how to create content that fuels demand generation and ABM campaigns throughout the buyer journey and full funnel
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked for data or SaaS companies
- Have experience in financial services, fintech, or small business lending
- Are comfortable analyzing data with advanced Excel
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $120,000-$175,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together