Senior Software Engineer, Small Business Data
Join Enigma at a pivotal moment as we continue to provide valuable solutions for small businesses. We're seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Small Business Data team and play a key role in building reliable, efficient, and scalable data pipelines. Your work will directly impact the accuracy of small business profiles, which influence decisions for companies that employ half the U.S. workforce!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and maintaining data pipelines that transform billions of records into authoritative small business profiles. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that your solutions meet customer needs, are delivered on time, and are optimized for performance and cost efficiency. With your technical expertise, you will lead the development and maintenance of data pipelines, implement predictive models, write maintainable and efficient code, and stay up-to-date with the latest trends in data engineering and machine learning. Additionally, you will lead the implementation of data management and quality processes and provide technical guidance to other teams.
We are looking for someone who:
- Thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- Shows creativity and a willingness to work together to solve complex problems
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple areas of engineering, including design, implementation, and mentorship
- Has experience building reliable data pipelines on heterogeneous data sources at scale
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their solutions and drives them to successful implementation
- Has a genuine enthusiasm for data and a drive to improve its semantic through innovative technologies
- Has 4+ years of software engineering experience
What Makes This Job Exciting:
- Technical Challenge: Tackle a complex data pipeline with predictive models embedded at multiple stages, balancing reliability, scalability, data quality, and an ambitious forward development plan
- Ownership: Help set the technical direction and execution of the core systems of our product as a senior member of the data engineering team
- Impact: Directly impact the accuracy of small business profiles and influence decisions for companies that employ half the U.S. workforce
Bonus Points If You:
- Have experience with entity resolution challenges at scale
- Are familiar with cluster optimizations and technologies like Spark or similar
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in data pipelines, such as workflow orchestration, data lineage, point-in-time analysis, and data semantics
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values – generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive – guide everything we do, from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $160,000-$210,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together